I'm afraid to reboot. menu.lst problem. (Dapper) -SOLVED

Guido Heumann listguido at web.de
Wed May 10 20:16:05 UTC 2006

Scott schrieb:
> I was reading an older copy of menu.lst.
>
> That might explain why I was able to view it when I wasn't root.....
>
> Thanks for your responses everyone.
>
> <wipes egg off face>

Nice one :-)

But anyway, a short tip for the next time you face a problematic
boot-situation:

the nice thing about GRUB is that you can even edit the config from
within the boot menu. Just stop the timeout, select a boot option and
press "e". Edit the line and press "b" to boot with the manually edited
config. This way you can make several tries if your pc doesn't boot up.

cheers,
Guido