Joomla! and Ubuntu

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 18:46:42 UTC 2006

On 5/10/06, LinuxMurah. com <linuxmurah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I just install Joomla on my Ubuntu desktop, it works so nice. but, is
> there anyone of you who know where that I can get some tutorial,
> example or manual of creating new template of Joomla?
>
> I'm sorry if this is wrong place to ask, but I installed Joomla! on my
> Ubuntu, so first think on my mind was Ubuntu mailing list.

You probably want this:
http://www.mambosolutions.com/dw_tutorial/

You can ignore all of the "setting up Mambo" stuff at the front of
that page, since it's Windows-specific anyhow, and you already have
Joomla! installed and running.

The short version of your answer is: create a webpage using tables or
divs, and place specific trivial code (listed in the document I
referenced above) into various table cells or divs in that document.

A site I just made with Joomla and a custom 2-template configuration:
http://www.theislandhome.com.  (Note, the site looks a lot better if
you install the Corsiva font on your computer - the customer really
wanted that font on the site, and I didn't want to do the graphical
text thing).

--

  -- AL --