Printer recommendations

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Wed May 10 01:40:47 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 20:28, Dimitri Mallis wrote:
> hold your horses...
>
> i am also from south Africa & i have an epson stylus c63, ink jet
> printer, 4 cartridges. black blue cyan magenta, with a bulk ink
> feed system, that i got @ the rand Easter show last year. it was
> 1000ZAR just for the printer & 400ZAR for the bulk ink feed system.
> for each color there is 100ml of ink, so that's not bad.

Interesting concept. But I don't do enough printing to warrant
something like that - it would be total overkill for my needs :-)

[snip]

> both of my printers are connected to my dad's PC in his room & i
> normally have no problem getting them set up. but in ubuntu when i
> go to system > admin. > printing it takes for ever to load & then
> eventually pops up with an error. "The CUPS server could not be
> contacted" so obviously there is something wrong.
>
> how can i fix this?

First thing I would check is if cups has the correct IP and port for
the remote print server

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za