Ubuntu security hole? (not super major, but wondering if it is an issue to report)

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue May 9 20:49:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 17:33 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> The average user with an average workstation shouldn't notice any
> real
> difference between ext3 and Reiser on performance

A very good explanation by Alan (as always). I'd just like to add that
reiserfs accesses the disk a lot, which can be a problem in some use
cases.

E.g., laptop HDs might refuse to power off because of this. And I don't
use reiserfs for my bedroom machine, because I'm in the habit of falling
asleep while watching some tv show, and reiser's disk access every few
seconds is annoying.