[Q] upgrade Flight-6 to Flight-7?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue May 9 17:25:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 12:00 -0500, Ken Hopper wrote:
> Hi, I have a brand new Flight 7 (6.06b3) ISO CD and I can't figure out
> how to upgrade my nice Fligt 6 (6.06b2) desktop.
> Anyone know how to get from Flight 6 to Flight 7
> without destroying (reinstalling) a whole new Ubuntu?

You don't say if you dowwloaded a "Live" CD, or the "normal"/text
install CD ? If the latter, then normally, if you put the CD into the
drive, Gnome should detect that it's an Ubuntu CD, and offer you to
upgrade (not re-install from scratch) your existing installation.
I have never done it myself (I always do a clean install), but I alwyas
get this pop up message whenever I insert an install CD while in Gnome.

Give it a try ;-)

--
Vince