Installation to dedicated disk

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon May 8 20:59:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 11:20 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> Why anyone would bother with this kind of convoluted approach, I
> really
> don't know, since grub on the MBR works just fine, but whatever...

There is a valid reason for everything ... :)
I run Ubuntu on a company laptop, and I wanted to reduce messing with
the windows install to a minimum.  Plus, doing this lets me hide Ubuntu
more or less completely by simply setting the boot menu timeout to 0 in
Windows, if for some reason I feel the need to not let anyone see the
boot menu.