drive names in nautilus

Omnios ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon May 8 20:15:05 UTC 2006

In /media you will find the mount folders you will find the mount folder
names for example I have a My Documents drive called Media that shows up
as media everywhere. I think it counts on what you name it. So for
example if you wan't it named mount-X you could. ALso you will have to
change the mount point as well as the file name in the media directory.
So if you name your mount file mount1 you will have to modify the mount
point in fstab say

Code:
--------------------

  /dev/hda2 /media/documents vfat etc.....

  /dev/hda2 /media/Mount1 vfat etc....

--------------------

Code:
--------------------

  #

  proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0

  /dev/hdb1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1

  /dev/hdb5       none            swap    sw              0       0

  /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

  /dev/hdd        /media/cdrom1   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

  /dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

  /dev/hda2       /media/Documents    vfat    rw,users,gid=users,umask=000,       0       0

--
Omnios