Correcting a screen offset in X

paul marwick paulm at waitrose.com
Mon May 8 18:32:03 UTC 2006

I've just had to rebuild one of my machines, due to a video and
motherboard failure. The replacement motherboard is similar to the
original, but I've replaced a Matrox G200 with an Elsa Synergy (Nvidia
chipset) video card.

I restarted Ubuntu in recovery mode and used dpkg-reconfigure
xserer-xorg to get a working X windows system. So far so good...

However, I do have a problem. The X windows screen is offset to the
right. While I could force an adjustment through the monitor, I use a
KVM and multiple machines, and doing so would make the video incorrect
for the other machines.

What I need to know is how do I go about adjusting the offset of the
Xwindows screen? I've hunted a bit, but either I'm using the wrong
search terms or its not been written up anywhere that I've found.

Can anyone help?

TIA

paul.

--
System uptime is 12 days 04:57 hours and 00 seconds

paulm at waitrose.com
Marwick Computer Services - Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK
OS/2, LAN and general Computer Consultants