Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

osca1 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon May 8 05:16:25 UTC 2006

I abandoned Windows back in 1996 and have used Linux distros ever
since.

History:

Redhat - then Suse - then Redhat 7 - 8 - 9 followed by Fedora 3 and now
everything is running on Ubuntu Breezy.

I tell a lie!

My Fujitsu-Siemens laptop is available in Europe with a choice of Linux
or Windows XP Home - in South Africa, there's no such choice! Why anyone
would put XP Home onto a network-capable laptop is beyond me. I still
use the laptop and, in my current project it is usefule to highlight
differences and to demo the Ubuntu Live CD.

Currently, I am busy setting up a small Internet Cafe using an IBM
Netfinity 5000 (PIII Dual Processor) with 5 x Dell Optiplex G1 (PII 350
MHz 128Mb) using LTSP 4.2. Hopefully, this will be my small contribution
to spreading the word!

:D

--
osca1