upgrade to Dapper

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Sun May 7 22:01:24 UTC 2006

On 5/7/06, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgrade from breezy to dapper. The apt-get distupgrade went fine, but after
> reboot, I have the followong error message (or better last message from the
> startx command):
>
> FreeFontPath: FPR "/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1,
> fixing
>
> I see also a line saying:
>
> (EE) No input driver matching "synaptic"
>
> Any help?

verify that this:
xserver-xorg-input-synaptics - Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server

is installed... it should have been, but there was a package name
change from breezy to dapper, so i've seen a few instances where it
wasn't upgraded properly.

$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
~ http://darrylclarke.com