Printer recommendations

Apatewna apatewna at yahoo.gr
Sun May 7 21:08:18 UTC 2006

johnc4510 wrote:
> I have a HP Officejet Pro K550. This printer is about $160 after rebate,
> on sale.
> It uses 1 black, 1 yellow, 1 magenta, and 1 cyan color cartridges. I
> think individual cartridges are the way to go. With multiple colors in
> one cartridge, you end up tossing some ink everytime one color runs
> out. I had this printer in breezy and had to use it as an hp injet 2200
> for driver purposes. I now have dapper, and it is a recognized printer.
> No problems with install.

Before you go to the shop consult http://www.linuxprinting.org/
in detail this --> http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html

See exactly what is supported and how well.

I have a cheap HP Deskjet 5150 for home use, worked out of the box in
Ubuntu 5.10 with full options availiable.

--
Thanasis Rizoulis
Electronic Computing Systems Engineer