apt-get help upgrading

OOzy Pal oozypal at gmail.com
Sat May 6 11:01:03 UTC 2006

On 5/6/06, brendon <brendontoogood at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi there all, i am running the defult installation of firefox and the
> likes,  but i was wanting to use apt-get to upgrade it to the latest
> and also amsn as well.
> is there any command or way i can do this or a repo entry that i can add
> that will have the latest, versions, and yes i could go and download
> them from the websites as well,  but wanting a bit more command
> interface  practice as well,
> thank you using breezy
>
> Brendon Toogood

I don't think that apt-get will do the upgrade for you. The reason is
that the latest version is not in .deb format/package yet. I think
Dapper ( the new ubuntu version) has it. But this wiki is reaally
good. I used it to upgrade my FF to 1.5.0.2.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FirefoxNewVersion

I am still newbie but I am trying to be part of the community and
help. Just trying.

--
OOzy