[Off Topic] Re: Linux security

Adriano Varoli Piazza moranar at gmail.com
Sat May 6 10:24:13 UTC 2006

On 5/6/06, Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com> wrote:
> started with users being stupid and ignorant. Well, those who are stupid
> and ignorant won't use a terminal, won't know sudo, and certainly won't
> know -s.

Believe me, there have been times when I thought I'd met all kinds of
stupid, and it's like idiot scientists went on to create a dumber kind
just to prove me wrong. There's also people who are told "yes, you
should use the terminal, it's more "linuxy", it's the proper way" by
some well-meaning friend, only to be left alone and ignorant.
Sometimes I wonder how people who, by their own admission, know
nothing about computers, manage to actively go and install all sorts
of spyware, only to repeat, afterwards when I want them to do
something, that they're "no computer genius". Furrfu!

--
Adriano Varoli Piazza
The Inside Out: http://moranar.com.ar
MSN: moranar at gmail.com