No console on Dapper

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Fri May 5 23:04:35 UTC 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 17:48, rooreleased wrote:
> I have the same problem as the original poster but i'm using stable
> breezy - any progress?
>
> I have a toshiba laptop (Qosmio F20) btw.

A shot in the dark: I has something like this a long while back and
IIRC it was a frame buffer problem, the thing would just disconnect
from the tty. If you know how this area works, it might be worth a
look. I can't help further than this (no Ubuntu nearby to look at
myself and see how it's set up).

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za