Synaptec connection problem

John Leonard johnl119 at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 13:13:07 UTC 2006

Hi

When I try to upgrade any software I get the
following:

The repository might be no longer available or could
not be contacted because of network problems. If
available an older version of the failed index will be
used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check
your network connection and the correct writing of the
repository address in the preferences. Followed by a
string of messages like this
http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...y/Release.gpg:
Could not connect to localhost:80 (127.0.0.1). -
connect (111 Connection refused)

Is this a problem with corrupted etc/apt/sources.list?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.