Limited Screen Resolution Choices

paran0rmal ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri May 5 10:14:49 UTC 2006

Firstly thanks for your reply. I got the deb file, went through the
steps and now have 1152x864 @ 75Hz available. However when I choose it
the monitor displays it so small that I can't actually stretch it
anywhere near wide enough to fit the screen.

The monitor displays the following information on the resolution:
H: 58.6   V: 63

I've tried setting my Horizontal (30-70) and Vertical (50-160) manually
in the xorg.conf:
HorizSync  30-70
VertRefresh  50-160

And also tried a generated modeline:
Modeline "1152x864" 107.48  1152 1208 1336 1584   864  864  867  904)

None of this makes any difference, and according to the modeline
generator the horizontal should be 68, not 58.6 as displayed by the
monitor.

Is there anything else I can try? I've looked around a lot and found no
other suggestions.

Thanks
Andre

--