Ubuntu kernel 2.6.15-21-686/386

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 5 08:11:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 17:03 +0100, jweathers777 wrote:
> I'm also experiencing this problem on my Dual Processor AMD Opteron
> system.
> It's a show stopper for me in terms of using Kubuntu in the office
> right now because I need to run VMWare on my box and to compile one its
> modules it requires the kernel headers for my kernel and the kernel
> headers for 2.6.15-20 (the kernel that appears to run albeit with a
> long pause while mounting the root file system) don't appear in my
> Adept list.

The kernel headers are named linux-headers-2.6.15-20-i686 or
linux-headers-2.6.15-21-i686 (*not* kernel-headers-.....)
If you do 'apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)' that *should* get
the correct headers for the running kernel.

you will also need build-essential (to get the compiler, etc)

Tim