[Off Topic] Re: Linux security

Matthew Kuiken matt.kuiken at verizon.net
Fri May 5 06:20:33 UTC 2006

Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Thursday 04 May 2006 20:04, Adriano Varoli Piazza wrote:
>
>> On 5/4/06, Alan McKinnon <alan at linuxholdings.co.za> wrote:
>>
>>> --
>>> If only you and dead people understand hex,
>>> how many people understand hex?
>>>
>> 0xdeae people, obviously.
>>

> congratulations! you win the first prize of deaf bytes worth of
> connectivity, delivered to your desktop from any host of your choice!
>
> I've had that sig for a month now and you are the first one to
> respond. Maybe the joke is beyond most people. Nah, can't be. Maybe
> it's just an old joke:-)

It's just obscure enough to be very difficult.  Once I saw the answer,
it still took a while to understand the joke, and to realize that the
second 'e' was not a typo.  I've even been trying to figure it out since
I first noticed it in your sig a couple of weeks ago...  Maybe I'm just
slow.  I'm even an embedded/VHDL programmer, so I'm used to using
deadbeef as a testing tool.

Now that I understand the joke, I'm going to have to use it on the guys
from work.  It should be fun!

Thanks,
-Matt