Somebody knows how to connect to Linux Wias? I am new

Sergio Steinberg sdsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed May 3 23:54:22 UTC 2006

Hi:
Sorry for my poor english but I´ll try to do my best.
I am from Buenos Aires (Argentina) and I was MacOS user and now I have
moved to Windows XP but now I want to install Ubuntu (tomorrow I´ll go
to Mail Office to get my copy that I have asked for). I had installed
Debian but is not compatible with Linux Wias, it doesn´t works because
the kernel for linux wias is 2.4 and at all new GNU/Linux is 2.6 or
later.
The copy of Ubuntu that I asked for is the 5.10 I guess so I´ll
appreciate if somebody can helpme or tell me from wher I can download
linux wias and how do I install when I install Ubuntu because I can´t
connect to internet with GNU/Linux (or how can I set-up the phone
modem to connect and then download the drivers with installation
program from Ubuntu System.
Thank you very much, Sergio

--
Sergio D. Steinberg
Villa Crespo, Capital Federal (Argentina)

AIM: SergioSteinberg
ICQ: 78463382
MSN: sdsteinberg at hotmail.com
Skype: sdsteinberg