two problems: mail and time

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Wed May 3 10:16:17 UTC 2006

I can't email at the moment as it says I am blocked because I'm using
localhost.localdomain as a mail server. (Not as far as I'm aware tho')
I've had a look at postfix to see if it is set to send out. Seems ok.

Did a dpkg-reconfigure postfix and answered all questions to say local
service only.

Problem two: I'm doing some time travelling at the moment. Some days I'm
in August of 2006, last week I was in oct of 2004 and at some stage I was
was at the beginning of all time Jan ? 1970, or thereabouts.
Obviously I need ntp-server. However, it is installed and it says it
supposed to start up in rc level 0. However I do not see any sign of it in
the ntp messages during bootup.

Now for the nitty-gritty.
I have updated to dapper and am up to date as of today.
Pentium4
not a laptop

Any other info you need? Of course there is! But I'm too tired to think of
it now.

Hope this works

Shelagh