Alarm or PIM for Ubuntu

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Wed May 3 09:31:49 UTC 2006

Hi!

I need an audio and visual alarm which I can program for certain hours
during the day, and which can repeat the alarm over weeks. I would
prefer that it would use a sound file of my choice.

Evolution does not seem to have an audio alarm. I need the audio signal,
because I do not spend the day in front of the computer screen. Is there
is a way to program Evolution to have an audio signal other than the
diminutive beep?

Kalarm is broken in Ubuntu. The audio component does not work because it
needs another KDE element.

Is there another alarm program, or even a complete PIM, that will work
under Ubuntu Dapper? It needn't have a mail component, since I really
prefer ThunderBird.

Thanks in advance,

Avraham