uninstall app

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Mon May 1 19:26:41 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 12:18 -0400, bill biggs wrote:

> What I mean is I want to remove app like gaim or any outher software
> but when I select to remove it it ask It also says all so
> ubuntu-deskop  will be remove so I do I remove a app and leave it's
> dependencies ?

ubuntu-desktop is a meta package that depends on a lot of packages that
in Ubuntu makes up a default desktop install. gaim is one of those
packages. You can safely remove ubuntu-desktop if you no longer want
gaim installed. In fact, I think the package description or the
documentation in the package states that.

HTH,

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>