dapper image file

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon May 1 12:54:35 UTC 2006

Michael,

MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
> Is the Dapper imige iso file only burnable to DVD?

No, it burns to a CD.

> I ask because I downloaded the Live version of the 86 version only when
> I try to burn image in Nero as I am not running Linux on my Desktop I
> get an error message despite trying to burn it to CD so I am wondering
> if it is for DVD only hence the error about having the wrong media.

I burned a CD using Linux a few days ago with no problem.

> Also can the live version be turned into a full installation?

Yes, there is a graphical installer accessible from the desk top when
you run the live CD.

> I am trying to burn a copy of the CD because at the moment although I
> have Breezy on my Laptop and could possibly update to Dapper using what
> I already have, I am thinking a fresh installation with the latest
> Ubuntu might resolve my problem as regards accessability and maybe get
> the speech working from loggin.

You may want to wait for the fully released edition of Dapper rather
than risk the beta edition not doing all you expect.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold