Could Not find very basic packages using APT...

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 1 03:28:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006 07:59:11 +0500
"Fawad Nazir" <fawad.nazir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried apt-get install build-essential. It gave me the following:
>
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> or been moved out of Incoming.

Just a guess - I suspect you have added some non-ubuntu sources to
your /etc/apt/sources.list

This kind of error for installing build-essential should simply not occur,
unless your sources are wrong. As others have suggested, I recommned
reading

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AddingRepositoriesHowto

For a more general set of links to useful information try:

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDocumentation
http://help.ubuntu.com

Peter
 --