Ogg wrapping

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 31 17:23:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:51:42 +0300
Janne Jokitalo <janne.jokitalo at dnainternet.net> wrote:

> Peter Garrett wrote:
> > It isn't intuitively obvious, I know, but mp3splt works with oggs too.
>
> Yeah, I noticed that. mp3wrap doesn't, though, and that's what I'm actually
> interested in (/me points at the subject line... :p )
>
> > So you can use it for what you want to do :)
>
> Not really. It doesn't wrap. :)
>
> Thanks anyway!

Ah yes - mp3wrap tries to make an mp3 I think... I need to re-read the man
page, but it looks like it doesn't wrap as "ogg"

I just tried this on an experimental file set made with mp3splt though:

cat syrinx_000.00_001.45.ogg syrinx_001.45_003.30.ogg > test.ogg

ogg123 test.ogg   plays fine (it identifies the split point but without
pausing) Seems to play fine in beep-media-player and vlc too...

Perhaps you could try this with your split files and see if it works for
you.

Peter