Enterprise install

Antony Gelberg antony at wayforth.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 15:23:01 UTC 2006

Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> Antony Gelberg wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>

> Hi! Your name looks familiar, are you subscribed by any chance to ytsejam?

Small world, at least when you're discussing interesting and rocking
subjects.  \m/  :D

>>We are migrating a small-business customer to Linux.  \o/
>

> Nice! :)
>

>>1. Is it possible to install Ubuntu with the standard Debian setup of a
>>root user?    I know that the default is to have a standard local user
>>who belongs to various groups and can use sudo.  We don't want that.  We
>>will be pulling user and group information from LDAP, and don't want any
>>local users other than root.
>

> I haven't done a fresh install since Warty, but there used to be a 'server
> install', that did this. Check it out.

I've heard of it.  I suppose that this followed by an aptitude install
ubuntu-desktop might be what I'm looking for.  Thanks.

> Sorry, can't help with the other problem.

Not the end of the world, there's only six machines, but I still hope
someone comes up with the goods.  ;)

Prog on,

Antony