gmail and user list

Todd Slater dontodd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 15:02:29 UTC 2006

On 3/30/06, Me - Atlantic <jdangler at atlantic.net> wrote:
> Is there a problem that anyone knows of with sending / receiving mail
> from the ubuntu list and gmail?
> I have a gmail account that I used when I signed up with the list.
> I've only gotten 1 message to go through.  The rest have been either
> returned because my "quota is full" or I get "syntax error" when trying
> to send to the list.

I have noticed that gmail is funky when it comes to discussion lists.
>From what I have observed, gmail puts your message in your sent
folder, but it doesn't show your message that's been delivered by the
list itself. I find this very annoying because like you, I assumed my
messages weren't going through, but after checking the archives I
found that they were.

However, if you reply to a discussion list thread in gmail, it
includes that reply in the conversation thread. Again, though, it's
not the actual mail sent by the list because you don't see the list
headers and footers.

Weird.

HTH,
Todd