ATI Radeon Express 200

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu Mar 30 20:13:07 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 14:44 -0500, gymsmoke wrote:
> I just got my son up and running on Ubuntu 5.10...
> His machine has the ATI Radeon Express200 video on board.
> I had to alter his xorg.conf file with Option "noaccel" in order to get
> X working at all, but his screen resolution is set at 640x480 with no
> additional resolutions available (which makes it impossible to setup
> email, aside from just being annoying).  I am having him send me his
> xorg.conf file, but don't have it yet.  Any input as to how to get this
> set right would be helpful.  I am a little new at this, but it was alot
> of fun listening to my son try and figure out how to move to a new
> directory...

He probably needs to install fglrx-driver and tell X to use fglrx,
instead of ati or radeon.

$ sudo apt-get install fglrx-driver
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

(making sure to select fglrx when appropriate)

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter