How to cut a MP3 in half?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Mar 30 18:25:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 11:50 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
> One more thing.
> I typed in
>  dd if=parasites-1.mp3 of=parasites-1a.mp3 bs=1024 count=2500
>
> but the file is unreadable now. I get an error on the players
> when I try to play.

Hmm, I tried it on one of my MP3, and also some videos, and it works...

But I think dd isn't suited to your task as I posted earlier. It was my
mistake, I misunderstood what you wanted to do.
As Michael suggested, the split/cat commands are much more suited to the
task, I will play with them a bit myself I think :-)

--
Vince