Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Thu Mar 30 18:08:00 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> That brings up a quetion, I've been considering educating myself in
> some computer language or whatnot to start to give back to the open
> source community. what is the best place to start?

In my experience it stimulates the learning process immensely if you
have a specific objective and/or can immediately start doing something
useful with your skills as you acquire them.  In that light, learning
shell scripting is highly worthwhile, as you can do all kinds of fun
stuff, and it is not difficult. It will give you a some basic
programming skills *and* some very handy tools.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam