Clear the computer's memory?

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 30 13:28:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 08:47:35AM +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Michael V. De Palatis wrote:
> >Yes, of course Firefox. Firefox is probably the WORST application used
> >on a day to day basis in terms of memory wastage. I've stopped using
> >it for that very reason.
>
> Yes. I don't understand how closing Firefox can give me back 200MB of
> RAM! That doesn't make sense at all. Firefox itself is what, 5MB? All I
> can guess is that it stores every page I visit in memory, which is stupid.
>
> What browser do you recommend? I think I'll try Epiphany.

I don't like Epiphany, but some people swear by it. Right now, I'm
using mozilla, which actually seems to work quite well (which is
somewhat odd, seeing as when I first used it, it was incredibly
slow... Seems that they've made great strides with it). Galeon is also
very nice, but some of the keybindings I dislike and I don't know if
they're possible to change.

Mike