Dapper clock and locales

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 12:47:00 UTC 2006

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 16:02 +0700, Chanchao wrote:
>
>> That's strange... I DO have the 12hr setting in addition to the ones you
>> mention.  (Dapper Flight 5)
>>

> Weird, you are right, I just installed Flight 5 in  VMWare to have a
> look, updated it, and indeed both 12 and 24 options are there.
> But, my (main/host) Dapper was installed from Flight 3 (updated of
> course), and it doesn't have the 12 hour option !
>
> Go figure....
>
> --
> Vince

Very strange!

My Dapper is dated 10th March and has all the updates to yesterday.  As
far as I know it is Flight5. Even if it's not, I would have thought that
the upgrades should have sorted it.

I am retired now, but when I was at work, I used the 24 hour system
every day for 34 years. So it's no problem for me to use it, but it may
be for others who are not used to it. It's just that I think it looks
better seeing, for instance, 2:15 in the top corner of the screen rather
than 14:15 .

Perhaps the developers will reinstate the 12 hour choice by the time
Dapper final comes out - let's hope so!

Cheers

Keith