Going forward [Re: Automatix?]

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Wed Mar 29 09:41:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 09:41 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Mac OS X seems to manage it without wrecking security.
> EasyUbuntu seems to be a positive step forward.

I tried EasyUbuntu and it didn't work at all, AND it made Gnome crash
when the screen saver came on (3D not properly handled I guess).  I was
using Dapper Flight 5 preview, which may not be supported by EasyUbuntu,
but I did NOT get a warnign message about this so I assumed it was
okay.

> So, I disagree with your premise. Improving usability does not, by
> necessity, require a drop in security. In a few instances it might, but
> this is absolutely not an a priori requirement.

Ok, accepted. It is an additional challenge though, to keep BOTH
usability and security/stability high and I guess Automatix currently
doesn't manage both.

Cheers,
Chanchao