Opera & Midnight Commander

John Montgomery monashee88 at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 28 18:56:20 UTC 2006

Hello folks.

I am in the process of evaluating Ubuntu and am impressed by some things and puzzled by others.

My browser of choice is Opera but I can not find it in synaptic. I then went to the opera site and downloaded the version for Ubuntu but can find no trace of it in the fike system. What am I doing wrong?

Similarly my forst choice among file managers is mc but neither can I find it.

I think that I have all the repositories checked including universe snd multiverse.

Thanks

John Montgomery