How to promote Ubuntu Dapper?

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Tue Mar 28 08:02:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 09:09 +0200, email.listen at googlemail.com wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to come together and promote Free
> Software to those who don't know of it's benefits?

Yes exactly.. If people have experience with any other Linux flavour
then the best (or all) you can do is send them a link to information on
Ubuntu, OR, start using the Dapper Flight 5 Preview and activate the new
theme and NOT tell them about it but casually offer them a glance at
it. :)   But really, experienced Linux users need to decide for
themselves what they like, and if that turns out to be Fedora then I
can't see that being a problem for anyone.

Converting Windows users however is a lot funner. :)  Obviously not all
are in a position to change over, but many are.

I find that wiping their harddisk and installing Ubuntu instead works
best. :)

Kidding.

Cheers,
Chanchao