Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Tue Mar 28 04:16:53 UTC 2006

On 3/27/06 7:55 PM, "'Forum Post , '@ohiggins.ubuntu.com"
<ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> either wrote, forwarded or quoted:

> XP to Ubuntu Month an a half ago.
> It was scary and accidental, that is to wipe Windows, it was Fedora
> boot that did it.

I'm using Ubuntu in lieu of windows on a box that will be my web server. And
though it hasn't, yet, it will replace Windows on my main Windows box. An
old laptop will stay Win98 for some old legacy apps I still have. Unless I
get crazy.

My wife (works a Dell, and is technically inclined, too) thinks I'm a little
nuts. But I want a solid OS that I'll be able get security updates for. Not
a big fan of XP.

--
John Lyon | Austin TX
CD 10 | HD 50 | Precinct 259