Compiling/Using Ralink RT61

Nicholas Thomas lupine at yorkshire-pagans.org.uk
Tue Mar 28 00:26:32 UTC 2006

If that is the case, then the OP can download, ./configure, make and
make install <http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt2500-cvs-daily.tar.gz> instead :).

That will work on the unmodified Breezy kernel. The only downside is that it's a bit
flakier - eg. when dealing with huge numbers of connections (e.g. P2P), the module has a
tendency to disconnect, for instance - in my experience, at least.

Breezy never managed to load up any ralink modules for me :'(  ...

xF,

...Nick

-----
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:29:54 +0100
"Ben Edwards (lists)" <lists at videonetwork.org <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users>> wrote:

>/ I have compiled a few kernels (for debian) in my time but never added
/>/ a driver that does not ship.  I have a EW-7128G card which seems to
/>/ use the Ralink RT61 chipset.
/
this page
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html
says that the EW-7128G uses the Ralink RT2500 chipset

and afaik support for the Ralink RT2500 is available already in ubuntu
breezy (i remember from a few months ago while testing a card with a
chipset like that)

apt-cache search rt2500 also shows some pointers

can you try : sudo update-pciids
and then show the output of lspci ?