Automatix?

Andrew Zajac arzajac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:02:35 UTC 2006

On 3/27/06, Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-27-03 at 10:23 +0100, 'Forum Post wrote:
>
>  OK, this *has* to be a piece of performance art -- and one written in
> committee no less.  There's *no* way *one man* could be this egotistical
> and/or clueless!

Actually, it is the belief that a few hundred lines of code has solved the
issues of software patents, codec licencing, and redistribution of
unredistributeable software.

The legal and ethical culture surrounding free-libre software is very
complex.  I think this brings forward the issue that these concepts are not
getting through to a large number of users.  Most new users have never had
to think about these concepts.

New users often do not understand what the problem is and blame the lack of
useability on poor development.