Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Mar 26 23:46:23 UTC 2006

Yes.  I'm running a single boot Dapper on my HP nc8000 and everything
functions as it should: wireless, suspend-to-ram, hibernate,
lock-screen.

I tried fedora core 5 a couple of days ago but switched back to ubuntu;
even though fedora is very impressive and polished in many areas eg.
security, and the graphical boot-up, i did have some work to get
wireless going (not much mind you) and i suspect it has something to do
with the new kernel they are using.  Suspend did not work nor did DRI in
X and i was too lazy to work at it - Ubuntu Dapper has spoiled me:)

Right now i'm trying to get Google Earth working with Wine.

--
strawman