Automatix?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Mar 26 21:28:17 UTC 2006

'Forum Post wrote:
> though I realize a few regulars in the ubuntu mailing lists have a
> personal thing against me,

Email is a very poor communication medium. It is very easy to take
something personaly when it wasn't intended like that. It is very rare
for someone to actually want to go on a vendeta against someone else on
line (inspite of the fact that flame wars are very common).

> 1) Automatix does not use --force-yes

Does it use 'echo -e "y\nY\n"'? The website says that it used to use
--force-yes and it now uses 'echo -e "y\nY\n"'

> 2) It gives the user the option to retain his/her sources.list at the
> end.

What happens if it crashes mid-way? What is the default behaviour? If I
give it to my mom and she just presses "Yes" at everything, what will
happen?

> I dont mind criticism of my work but atleast it should be
> well-informed...

Of course. Is the current criticism well-informed? See here:

http://nalioth.hostdestroyer.com/comparison.html

Cheers,
Daniel.
--