Re-installing GRUB / Windows

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun Mar 26 14:55:23 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 13:58 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Any conceivable method of getting a kernel in memory and able to
> execute grub-install will work. A LiveCD is by far the easiest.

Thanks Alan and Karl, I am back on my feet now ! :o)
I think I may have soon to re-install again. I still can't believe it,
but I had barely finished installing it, I had just finished installing
the drivers for the network card, when 30 seconds later, I got a "YOU
HAVE GOT A VIRUS, WARNING !!" window that popped-up ! :-O
I didn't even have time to check to launch a web browser to check that
the connection was working, yet this thing somehow managed to show it's
ugly face. Wow... I am impressed, but not exactly in a good way ! :-O

> > I think it's such a typical use case, there might as well be an
> > option just for it in the main menu when you boot the CD ! ;-)
>
> The actual cure is to get Windows to be other-OS aware and offer an
> option to install it's loader or not.

Yeah but Windows XP is already released, it's too late now ;o)
However, it would interesting to see if Windows Vista will be less
egocentric in this regard, or if Bill still thinks that Windows is the
center of the world and the master of the universe.
That said, I doubt I will ever find out, as I can't picture me buying
Vista just to find this out ! Maybe I will install it out of curiosity,
if someone gives me pirated copy of it, or if they distribute a free
Live CD of it LOL ! ;-)

--
Vince