Automatix?

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Sun Mar 26 11:14:00 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:01, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could I get an opinion? Automatix, good or bad?
>
> BTW, I understand that it's unstable and alpha software. That's not what
> I mean by "bad". I just want to know if this is an app to keep an eye on
> for when I try to convert my mom to Ubuntu.

Automatix, whilst well intentioned, employs some really bad techniques to
force Ubuntu into doing things it shouldn't.

Use "easyubuntu" - it does things the "Ubuntu way" and achieves the same
ends as Automatix (without breaking things along the way).

Cheers,

James
--
A very big thanks to Mikael Magnusson for the tireless months (30
mins) of beta testing and crucial bug reporting

                -- ACNOWLEDGEMENTS file od quickrun-0.4
                   <http://mbox2mysql.sourceforge.net>