PHP Eclipse installation problem

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Sat Mar 25 19:18:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

On the wiki page that explains the installation of PHP Eclipse it
mentions this can be done from within Eclipse by pointing it to
http://download.pipestone.com/eclipse/updates/  This site however
doesn't seem to be active anymore.

There's also a manual installation that talks about putting the plugin
into /opt/eclipse.  HOWEVER, this is not where Eclipse seems to have
been installed (By Synaptic). I found the installation folder and
extracted the PHPEclipse files in there, then started with the -clean
parameter to refresh plugins, but when starting a new project I don't
see a PHP option, so I guess it didn't work.  I then created a
folder /opt/eclipse and installed it in there as well, but again no
luck.  Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Cheers,
Chanchao