LVM vs the installer

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Mar 25 16:35:29 UTC 2006

I'm building a new Amanda server this weekend on a Sun Ultra 40.

I've got a 250G disk, and 3 500's. My original plan was to do something
like this

/ (100G or so of first disk)
swap 16G of first disk
/dumpdisk (one of the 500's)
/backu_data (one of the 500's)
/vtape (one of the 500's + the remainder of the 250)

Obviously to do this I need to use LVM

Well, after investing about 2 hours trying to coerce the installer
into setting up something like this, I'm forced to concede that
I can't figure out how to do it.

It seems that if I try to use LVM on the root disk, the installer
has some hard coded assumptions.

Anyone got any suggestions?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967