Ubuntu Packages

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 24 16:55:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:10:49 +0000
"Michael Clayton" <xramhatearam at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Okay i found the Synaptic Package Manager and installed what i wanted
> off of it and i found where to get the Ubuntu Packages off of the
> interenet. I downloaded the Wine Package from teh internet but now
> how do i install the Ubuntu Package onto my computer?
>
> Thanks
> Michael

You should really let synaptic or another similar program do that for
you.  I don't recall the name of the GNOME default, is it
update-manager?

Isn't wine in your repositories listed for Synaptic?
<checks>  Yes, at least in mine it is.
Do you have all the repositories listed?  Maybe, if you were to post
your /etc/apt/sources.list more could be done to help you.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs