vncserver works fine, but how to I start an app?

Andy Anderson opus at slowlanecafe.com
Fri Mar 24 16:05:34 UTC 2006

Thomas Beckett wrote:

> On 3/24/06, Andy Anderson <opus at slowlanecafe.com> wrote:
>
>>I installed vncserver on Ubuntu 5.10, and it works fine, but
>>when I connect to it with a viewer it just gives me a blank
>>X screen.  I suspect that I need to feed vncserver the
>>equivalent of an .initrc file.  If that is correct, how
>>is that done?
>>

> The easiest way to share your desktop from gnome is to run vino-preferences

I should have been more specific about what I want to (eventually)
do.  I need to run an Ubuntu machine with 3 or 4 vncservers running
so that a few Windows users can connect and use an app on the
Ubuntu box.  Typically there won't be anyone logged in at the
console.

--
Andy Anderson
Salisbury, MD, USA

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."
                                                      - Anonymous