Didn't really mean to install Dapper, but now I have it. Should I keep it?

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Fri Mar 24 01:13:29 UTC 2006

Dave M G wrote:
> Ubuntu Users,
>
> While I was having trouble installing drivers for my video card on a new
> install of Ubuntu, someone suggested that the new Dapper release my have
> the proper support for my hardware.
>
> Since it was a new machine, and no data was at risk or anything, I
> thought I'd go for it.
>
> It turned out later that my video card was not working for entirely
> different reasons.
>
> So now I have the Dapper Drake version of Ubuntu on my computer, and it
> seems to work fine.
>
> But, I do understand that this is an alpha release. And although the
> final release is supposed to be out soon, I'm wondering if it's safe
> enough to just leave Dapper on and upgrade when it becomes final.
>
> Is there any reason I should be concerned about running Dapper as is for
> the time being?

I have been using it for ages, I've had a few little blips, but no
dataloss other than unsaved data+crash. It is now pretty stable, IMHO.

If you *do* find any problems, please mosey on down to launchpad.net and
report a bug. Dapper *needs* testers, so it would be great if you could
keep on using it.

--
Tristan Wibberley