Installation Problems Ubuntu 5.1

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu Mar 23 09:57:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 11:28 +0200, Graham Dickinson wrote:

> Thanks for responding...the 5.1 was a typo, sorry. I am actually
> must have been corrupt (tho' to all appearances it ran ok). I
> downloaded another copy and this seems to have installed ok. Would be
> very interested in lookingat the new Live disk tho' is there a
> recommended link to get this, or has it been updated on all links. I
> have had a copy of Live disk for a couple of months.

The best place to get the Dapper Live CD preview is here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/dapper/flight-5/

More info & a pictures of the stunning new look:

http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/flight5

I'm using it now.  The Live CD actually, 'persistent' on my USB memory
stick so I have the exact same environment, files & settings
everywhere.

Even when you install it then you wouldn't have to reinstall after the
final release I think, because it would just keep things updated from
the Dapper repositories.

Cheers,
Chanchao