Introduction & Question: 32 vs. 64 Bit - what to use ?

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Wed Mar 22 21:31:13 UTC 2006

In message <b212bb920603221059v6543910cy at mail.gmail.com>, Walter
Sparbier <walter.sparbier at googlemail.com> writes

>I will use this pc mainly for mail, web, listening to mp3's but will
>as well install
>apache2 & MySql + Mediawiki used as my knowledge base.
>
>Thanks in advance for your support.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I would install the
32-bit version. Like Windows there are still some problems with 64-bit
drivers for some hardware. It's unlikely that you will need the last
drop of performance out of your machine so 64-bit gets you potential
problems without any major benefits.

--
Bernard Peek
London, UK. DBA, Manager, Trainer & Author.