Not a bash, just the facts

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at elisanet.fi
Wed Mar 22 19:26:28 UTC 2006

Derek Broughton wrote:

>Chanchao wrote:

>>>In a much better, less dangerous word:
>>>EasyUbuntu.
>>>

>>Whatever those things are, assuming they solve "RestrictedFormatsHell",
>>is it too late to add one of them to Dapper and put an icon for it on
>>the deskop? :-)
>>
>>(I just checked back at the instructions for installing the java stuff
>>and it's completely rediculous.  (Java / JRE is needed to run many web
>>sites and even some functions in software that comes with Ubuntu) )
>>

>I can't even get Windows to install Java any easier than with Ubuntu, so
>where's the real problem? -snip-

That's exactly where the problem lies. It should be easier =) Because
fiddling with an OS is nothing but purely unproductive, it is something
that should always be hidden from the user. I need Ubuntu and Java, but
they won't do my work so they should work completely without me being
involved in setting them up. It's no excuse that  even Microsoft can't
do it better. I'm not trashing your post, I read the rest of it too =)
Just a side note.

Cheers,
Mats